Monday, October 14, 2013

Spirit of Sunday

Aww, Sunday.  For some or many of you(I'm still not sure who all is reading this thing) it is a day for rest, a day of reflection and a day to appreciate and enjoy all this world has provided you while you examine your inner faith. Believe it or not, I'm no different than you. Now I have been known to sometimes come off as loud, opinionated and even impulsive. I've  heard the term sarcastic(who me? never!) used more than once, but let me assure you that I am not without spirit and vision(I'm full of it). Let me give you insight as to how I too enjoy a relaxing Sunday. 
  Take yesterday, I'm up with the chickens as they say(FYI chickens are idiots, who needs to up this early?)driving up the mountain for another morning of hunting. We have a truck full of sleepy but determined people. Even the seven year old can't stop talking(for 20 miles straight, without a breath) about how ready he is for the last day of this marathon to nowhere and nothing. We search and search, we drive and drive, we come up empty and we slide back down the mountain sideways in the mud. Rest, check!
On the way home, we think about all the time we have dedicated to this search. Literally days have been spent one after the other looking. Then there is the money spent. You have to spend money to make money right? "Let's buy two tags, twice the meat! Steaks all around!" We could easily have bought a cow, fed it the grass equivalent of caviar(Kentucky Blue??) and gave it the finest spring water(still tap, btw) filled the freezer and still had enough left over to spring for some BBQ sauce from the top shelf! Reflection, check!
Upon reading the big game proclamation, we even discover that the state not only let's this hunt go until Thursday, they open it up two more times over the next two months to give you ample chances to "provide". Generous! Even they know what we've been through and they're not about to let us go down without a fight! What they don't know however, is that while determined(to a fault) and willing(maybe not able), even we know when to abandon a sinking ship. Appreciate all the world has provided, check!
But above all, you have to have to believe! Without fail, I know two things to be true. One, at any time (Mon. -Sat. 12-8) I can buy flavored Vodka and make one hell of a screwdriver and two, they sell all kinds of meat already butchered, wrapped and ready to BBQ at any given grocery store.  Faith, check!

No comments:

Post a Comment