Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Growing Pains?

The best part of "growing up" has to be figuring out who are are and relishing in it. If you're not there yet kiddos, don't worry it's coming! There is a world past the pressure to fit in, the "selfies", the frenemies, the cool clothes, the nice car, the best hair or the having the most Facebook friends. Hard to believe I know, but trust me on this. I always say if high school was really your best 4 years (or more, I don't know your life) then I feel bad for you.  I think like a fine wine, it gets better with time.  
You can finally listen to the music you like because it sounds good to you, not because it's what's on MTV(yes, they once played music on MTV who knew). You want to jam Sweet Caroline while you're driving down the street, do it. Rock it out! Maybe your more of a Gangtsa Rap kind of person (I have met more "housewives" that can still belt out word for word the entire 2Pac Changes album like it's nobodies business). Do it right though, I'm talking hand gestures and everything. One of my favorite things about my husband is his undying and unapologetic love for old Country music. I'm not talking Garth Brooks old, no we're talking the Icons. You know Willie, Waylon, Merl and George. If you don't know, you better ask somebody! He feels it deep in his soul and he sings it loud and proud (even with the inevitable Grandpa Cowan tease). That man could not care less if you think their cool or not! It's freeing! 
 You no longer have the idea that what you're wearing has to be up to par. (This is probably more of a girls issue) What is par? What course are we playing on anyway? Wo made all of these rules?? Are you stylish, innovative or trendsetting? Really I just want to be comfortable now and I don't want to go broke doing it. Like the song said "I can find the same damn thing on a Walmart shelf half price" and it's true. (If you don't like that store and you're getting ready to send me a rant about corporations, I recommend you stop reading this blog). Literally three quarters of my wardrobe came from Walmart.
You can also enjoy the hobbies you want to do because they're fun for you and you no longer feel the need to pretend. You want to scrapbook, collect stamps or baseball cards, garden, build model airplanes or paint little ceramic gnomes? Do it. Maybe you're like me and enjoy ATVing, fishing, hunting, biking, (maybe doing at least two of these at once) whatever! The world is your oyster...crack it up! 
I'm saying there is no feeling like the feeling of enjoying being yourself.  You've earned it and learned it by now. Remember, those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind if you do....hell if you've picked your friends right, they'll be rocking to Neil or rapping California Love right there with you!




3 comments:

  1. Oh how I love you my beautiful seester!!l I so look forward to reading your blog every morning. It totally makes my day!! You are the best, don't ever change!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so, so much sister of mine! I love you!!

      Delete