Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Many Thanks!

    Happy Thanksgiving! Yes I realize I'm a day early, but by this time tomorrow I fully plan to be at least one quarter into what will eventually culminate into a complete food coma. Step one: Breakfast Buffett, what else? So I thought I would take the time now (while I can form thoughts that don't completely revolve around what item to next shove into my pie hole) to give some honest, open appreciation for all that I have to be thankful for.
    For starters, I was born into a family like no other. Like the song says,"Ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough, to keep me from you!" I know I have given them every reason to run for the hills and yet here they stand. Hugging me, kissing me and inviting me along for every adventure we can conjure up together. I was a mouthy, rebellious, patience testing son-of-a sweet, sweet mother and Father and you loved me through it all. Thank you for being the funnest, toughest, most inviting, accepting, laugh inducing, smile causing, adventure going, courage causing, confidence building, honest and open family in this world. Dreams are made from the life we live and there's not a day that I don't realize it even more.
   Next, right when I needed him the most, I met my Christopher. He came in with a cache of classic country music and I knew from the first minute we spent together that I never wanted to spend one without him. He makes me stronger as a person, humors my sense of humor(shakes his head most of the time), pushes me past my limits and loves me with no end. Watching the son you are to your parents, the friend you are to your friends and the father you are to our boys makes me the luckiest wife to ever have a husband. You are the most grounded man I have ever met in the way that you not only know who you are, you are completely confident in yourself. Not only did you give me your forever, you gave me a second family in yours and to say they make me feel like their own is beyond an understatement.  People said we were crazy eight years ago getting married in a flash, but we're still here more in love every day! Who's crazy now?
     In the sense of saving by the best for last, I am beyond lucky to have the two boys that I do(three including sweet Jake dog). I don't know what it was, but I definitely did something right to get to spend my days with them. Cameron with his sweet sensibility and his intuition to know exactly how a person is feeling and what they need at any given time is a trait beyond his years. He brings out the best in everyone around him. To say that he is a smart, imaginative seven year old doesn't even scratch the surface of his nature.  By far though, the biggest thing I am thankful to learn from you is to be yourself, always. People will love you for who are are and not what you can do. It took the knowledge of a seven year old to make me understand that. Then there's Christian. Oh boy you are so full of life and energy! You have a spirit that motivates you to just get up and do! From your "Super Boo Boo" alter ego  to your larger than life mentality, you will turn the world on its head as soon as you pass 2 1/2 feet tall. You want to try anything and everything you see being done and the word "can't" isn't in your already huge vocabulary. You make me want to climb mountains and scream from the peaks buddy. Thank you for being a spitfire ball of energy and still stopping to hug me on your way by.
     These are the blessings I have to bear not only on a single day in November but every day that I am breathing. The rest, well it's materialistic stuff acting as the sprinkles on an already perfect Sunday. So spend this four day weekend noticing all that you have to smile about and savor it. Maybe even watch a little football while you're at it. I know I will. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment