Thursday, September 26, 2013

Tough It Out

I have put it off long enough. I have made excuse after excuse hoping somebody(Chris),anybody(Chris), would do it for me but nobody is touching this with a 10...even 20 foot pole. Now I hope I'm not alone or you're all going to think way less of me then you already do (if that's possible) but I have "the Mom Car". This poor broken soul seems to attract any loose toy, book, wrapper, cup, Lego head, French fry or half eaten granola bar within a 2 block radius.  It doesn't always look this way and I haven't always been this lackadaisical in my interior maintenance. Then again I didn't always have 2 "pig pens" to peddle around that care as much about my truck looking good as they do about the price of tea in China. But I do make it a point to climb this mountain about every 4 months.....maybe. This time it's different though. Something sinister is lurking in it's depths. It's terrifying, it's hidden and it smells like nothing I have come across in my thirty years and I have spent roughly 5 of those changing diapers....it's that bad.  I feel like Walter Matthau in Grumpy Old Men when Jack Lemmon hid that fish in his car!
   So first things first right? I've crossed off the usual suspects. Rogue sippy cup..nope.  Half smashed McDonalds cheeseburger in the seat(that's never happened, but nothing's impossible)...nope. Some mystery baggie fallen from a lunchbox....nothing! What now? My poor "fresh scent" air freshener is ready to quit, it didn't sign up for this. Good thing too, that "fresh shit" smell isn't fooling anyone. So here I am. No shortcuts, no cover-ups, no bribing is going to work. It's time to put on my big girl panties and tough it out.  I vow to spend this Thursday doing whatever it takes to solve this mystery. I have to! And if its not enough.......what's a good neighborhood to visit if one were to "accidentally" abandon a truck with the keys in it, the engine running and the door open?

No comments:

Post a Comment