Friday, September 27, 2013

Sleeping Giant?

There are many things I don't  know, I mean really the list is endless. But in my vast(7+)years of experience I have learned one fact to be true. Nap time is by far the most useful and the most eagerly anticipated time of my day....every day. I spend all morning looking forward to it (especially since the pushing through of molars has turned my normally sweet, adorable child into into a screaming banshee from the netherworlds)! I prepare every detail down to the timing of Cams bus and the hour of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Disney blesses me with every afternoon. To  utilize the entire 57-75 1/2 minutes in the way I planned to, I have to have a plan. Literally, the possibilities are endless! 
     We have now, however, come to the phase in every toddlers life when they rebel against the system and protest! NO NAPS is their war cry and he screams it loud and proud! Since this started what seems like a lifetime ago (two weeks) I have pulled every learned trick out of my bag. I played the slow music, put a blanket over his blinds for sleepy mood lighting, soft toys, warm milk, everything! This kid is resilient....and he's tricky! He'll make no sounds, throws no toys against the wall, does everything to make me think on the other side of that door is a sleeping giant getting his much needed beauty rest. But no, not at all!  He's just in there relaxing, waiting for his moment to spring it on me"Not today Momma!" Sometimes it happens right away, sometimes just when I'm tying on my shoes and cuing up whatever motivational movie I have recorded for the occasion and then somedays he times it just right and screams out from behind me just when I've hit my stride and I barely save my face from slamming against the treadmill Ridiculousness style. But I'm not ready to give up! I will win this war even though I have lost most of the battles! .....I better buy a book or something.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment