Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pondered Pipe Dreams

      Last night, after spending some perfect family time watching Free Bird, (not so perfect, definitely no Monsters U) I came home in time witness a sweet new train wreck of a show called "Shahs of Sunset". It cements my thought that most Reality T.V. is a lifestyle so beyond 99.9999% of actuality for most people that it feels more like fiction to watch. I'm not going to lie, I love it. I do. I'm not here to bash their bling or rain on their riches, more power to them. Honestly, they're one of the more civilized casts of spoiled millionaire socialites gracing my playlist. But it did get me thinking of the age old question "what would you do if you had a million dollars?" First and foremost in my fantasy financial file, there are the obvious choices such as children's college funds, paying off the entire families mortgages, Disney world trips and many, many charitable donations, but I'd be remiss if I didn't ponder some pipe dreams while I'm at it. Fantastic!
      Without a doubt, my "largest" acquisition would have to be a mountain. Obviously. What better way to kick start my "newfound" lavish lifestyle than by owning a piece of property that literally spans the North/South/East/West skylines while providing a playground for nearly every recreational pastime my entire family enjoys? An actual hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, riding, hill climbing, donut spinning, drag racing, campfire telling, Dutch oven cooking private paradise? Yes please!  I would however, throw in running water and a drive-in(or ride in) movie theatre with on an demand stream of Westerns(we're enthusiasts here, not hillbillies).
      Also, with the coin to get creative, I could enjoy my dream career of being a "Culinary Connoisseur".  Some people dream of exploring the wonders of space, inventing the next must have gadget that changes life as we know it or performing their crafts in front of millions of adoring fans, I dream of getting paid to eat. Don't judge me. We could all travel the world and experience all the pleasures our palettes could handle all while my "clients" foot the bill for my food comas. Heavenly!
   Finally to complete this world of extravagancy and be able to revel in it, I would need one incredibly able do-it-all employee. She must be one carpool driving, gourmet(or taco) cooking, math tutoring, physically training, vacation planning and Angry Bird/Minion Rush playing son of a multi-tasker and she would be payed well(I'm nothing if not generous). Perfect! Who wouldn't want that job(sarcasm)?
    While my ideas may be unique, the premise they were provided by isn't in any way. Who hasn't bought a lottery ticket(while passing through Co. or Wy. for us Utahns) and let their mind wander over into the world of endless possibilities. It's fun to let that financially frugal side let down its inhibitions and dream.  After all, when your an adult, your imagination can lose it's power of persuasion. Why not let it live Peter Pan style for awhile?

2 comments:

  1. I have always thought that if they want a real reality show they should come film "The Real Housewives of Carbon County". It would be one hell of a show!! And I love your eloquence. Love it

    ReplyDelete