Friday, December 6, 2013

50th Special Edition Countdown

      Break out the champagne or Memosas, it's time to celebrate! I've hit a milestone in my life! It's the big 5-0 for me(no not years, I've got a few miles left before I cross that bridge). Today is my 50th blog entry! Time flies when your having fun right? It's like the midlife crisis of my blog life. Maybe I should go buy it a corvette and get its ear pierced. Pick up some "cool clothes" and find it a younger girlfriend. I'll probably just choose some of the best moments from the last 50 entries though. Cue the wavy line, harp playing Wayne's World style flashback as we countdown the top 5 entries thus far!
#5:Well I Was Born In A Small Town.  (Within three readers of both Hunger Games:Women Edition and Hair Raising Detail) this was one of the funnest posts to write and one of the most reflective when referring to how "small town" I really am. I'm like my own country song minus any "being drunk the day my mom got out of prison" type experiences(David Allen Coe kiddos, look it up). I love every dirt road driving, shotgun shooting, buck spotting and sunset gazing aspect of my lifestyle. So when writing about that part of my personality(really the main part), I had "more fun than a tornado at a trailer park". My only hope is that I didn't make it sound too good and convince anyone that already doesn't live here to now do so. Admire from afar people or I'll just have to move to get away from the "city".
#4: No Balls. Shall we say, controversial? This entry received more "anonymous" angry messages than any other to date. I guess people either don't like my thought that we are slowly turning our kids into glass figurines with no ability to handle difficult social situations(which they will face every day regardless of covering them in bubble wrap) or my clever play with the word "balls". Obviously not my target niche. Funnest post ever!
#3: Birds With An Attitude And Their Little Pigs Too. It's the third most popular post that I've written and the first most annoying aspect of my daily life. If it wasn't for needing it to write this thing everyday(and Facebook), I would throw this IPad in a river and watch it sink slowly down taking all eight of the Angry Birds apps that it harbors right along with it. Then I would toast to the death of those little bastards and never speak of them again. Hope that I never run into you in a dark alley app creators(disclaimer: all threats on any app creators safety are purely fictional and used to demonstrate my frustrations in the addictive nature of said game on my son and in turn my life 24/7).
#2: Politics, Religion and Her. Call this one my answer to the criticism of my topic choices. At the time, I was receiving daily "helpful suggestions" from a person who repeatedly chose to remain nameless about the content(or lack of) in my musings. They have since stopped and to be honest, I miss sharing that back and forth banter with my very own Jane/John Doe. Where else can I get called a "heathen" or be accused of disrespecting religion? It's left a void in my soul that nothing can fill! Maybe they have just found a better use for their time and attention, like doing literally anything else. Dammit, now I have that song in my head, "talk about anything. But politics, religion and her..." now you do too!
#1:Knocked out by the knocked up. This was by far my most popular post based on the shear number of readers and page shares alone and it wasn't even my idea for a topic! All the thanks for this hormonally unbalanced entry goes to Heele Mascaro. For my 30th post, I decided to choose the topic from the suggestions of all those reading them and this one screamed out "pick me for all the pregos"! Plus, I had over 18 months of personal experience to relate to. Who doesn't want to make the world a better place for those bearing children? I know I do and I hope that in a small way, I did if just by saving one woman from one insensitive "size based" comment alone.
Yes, we've laughed, we've cried and I truly feel like we've really grown together as a group through facing our shared inner demons ...or just laughing at our own expense. Cheers and here's to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment